During this uncertain time, please be aware Highland District Hospital is doing our best to manage the impact of COVID-19. Please help us better serve the community by utilizing the Emergency Department for emergent cases only. Please contact your Primary Care Provider for instructions on obtaining COVID-19 testing.
Considerations for who should get tested:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with someone with confirmed COVID-19
- People who have been asked or referred to get testing by their healthcare provider, local/state Health Dept.
Instructions on getting tested:
- Physician order is required - Please contact your (State of Ohio) Primary Care Provider to obtain a testing order.
- After receiving Physician order - please call 937-393-6274 to schedule an appointment.
- At scheduled appointment time - Please arrive at the ER Parking Lot entrance and park in designated parking spots A, B, or C and call 937-393-6274 to let the Lab know of your arrival. You will be registered over the phone and will be instructed on final steps.
- After testing, you will be asked to quarantine/isolate until test results are finalized.
- If you test positive, know what protective steps to take to prevent others from getting sick.
- If you test negative the result only means that you did not have COVID-19 at the time of testing. Please continue to protect yourself and others.