GreatER Care Campaign: Target Goal = $1.5 million
The GreatER Care campaign for Highland District Hospital Foundation is a $1.5 million capital campaign to support the Highland District Hospital’s modernization of the Emergency Department and to ensure exceptional emergency care for our community.The modernization of the Emergency Department increased the square footage from 4,222 sq. ft. to 8,988 sq. ft. The improvements included:
- Private patient rooms and a larger waiting area to provide a greater level of comfort to patients and their families.
- Designated behavioral health rooms to better treat mental health and substance abuse.
- Centralized nurses’ stations with access to treatment rooms for a more comfortable and efficient environment.
- New drive-up ambulance bay to improve emergency transport of patients and ensure quicker delivery of care.
- Increased floor space allows for more efficient care delivery and easier accessibility for all patients.
- Specialized decontamination rooms for patients with contagious diseases or exposure to hazardous materials.
- Designated trauma room with adequate space to care for the most critically ill or injured patients.
You can find out more information about supporting this campaign by calling Cathy Jones, Foundation Director, at 937-393-6360.
HDH Foundation Health Fair - $10,000
In April, we hold our annual health fair. We have approximately 1,000 community members attend. The health fair provides multiple health screenings, such as comprehensive blood panel and blood pressure. Each year we receive calls asking when the health fair will be held, with concerns such as, “This is the first time in my life that I have not had insurance and I have a family history of diabetes or prostate cancer”. And, each year we have participants discover health issues that have, up until that point, been undiscovered such as prostate cancer, diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, and kidney disease.